Monday, April 28, 2008

 
Just Waiting for the Dog Food

Good thing I buy my Lab high-end dog food.

In an otherwise interesting article about food choices in harder economic times, the New York Times has this gem:
Burt Flickinger, a longtime retail consultant, said the last time he saw such significant changes in consumer buying patterns was the late 1970s, when runaway inflation prompted Americans to “switch from red meat to pork to poultry to pasta — then to peanut butter and jelly.”

“It hasn’t gotten to human food mixed with pet food yet,” he said, “but it is certainly headed in that direction.”

Well, yes. If we GDP goes down 1 percent it isn't economic doom, but it is headed in that direction. The Red Sox might lose one game. That doesn't mean they'll miss the playoffs...yet. But it is headed in that direction.

Burt, I hope you were taken out of context.

Comments:
Hi

I read this post two times.

I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

Source: Hotel manager resume

Best regards
Henry
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?