Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 
An Inconvenient Scientist

Comments:
Interesting article. I was just wondering about global warming yesterday. I've yet to see Gore's new movie, but I'd like to.

I've heard debate over whether global warming is really an issue, and if so, whether it is something that humans have had an affect on in the past or can influence in the future.

There are also scientists who argue that while fossil fuel-related pollution is bad for the environment, global warming is not something to be concerned about. The argument is that if the oceans rise and cities like New Orleans are sunk below water (oh wait, that already happened..) then people will just migrate to new places. Over time, areas that currently have colder climates would become more desirable and people would simply move someplace else, the same way that humans have been doing throughout our existence. I live in Arizona, and I say that if California is doomed to sink below the sea, well, I don't have to travel as far to get to the beach. Let nature take its course! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?