Sunday, June 18, 2006

 
What Bothers Me About the Dixie Chicks

"The reaction was as if Natalie had said 'Death to the President' or something," says violinist and vocalist Maguire.

"It was the bullying and the scare factor," shudders banjo and guitar player Robison. "It was like the McCarthy days, and it was almost like the country was unrecognisable."

I really like their music. And I don't care that they have different political views.

But I don't like the whining. You have the right to say what you want.

And people have the right to react anyway they see fit too, short of the inevitable death threats, etc. (anyone in the public eye should get this).

Bullying? Scare factor?

Look, I take unpopular stands. I involve myself in Jewish evangelism. The people I talk to have the right to disagree with me. I have the right to talk. And they will get upset. Sometimes very upset. And they'll express it.

That doesn't remind me of McCarthy.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?