Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
Sopranos and God I: Young Earth Creationism and Evangelism

This week's episode of the Soprano's tackles Young Earth Creationism. That the belief that the Earth is roughly 6000 years old, or somewhere near that.

As an Old Earth Creationist, I found the episode quite interesting. Darwin is in his death throws (here is the latest Darwinian problem). But the evidence for a much older Earth/universe is very strong.

While it is possible that I could reach Judgment Day with my mind changed, I don't think it is likely.

In the Soprano's episode, Tony is very much interested in what the evangelical has to say. But when he starts talking about Young Earth views and other such "evolution is from Satan" points, Tony doesn't loses trust in what the guy is saying.

I understand where the Young Earthers are coming from. I don't agree with their reading of scientific evidence nor their views that Old Earth views can't be compatible with the Bible, but I understand where they are coming from.

I also understand why Tony Soprano would tune out what a Young Earther would say about the gospel. And that's unfortunate, given the evidence for Jesus, the Resurrection, the Bible, etc.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?