Sunday, February 26, 2006

 
Pro-Choice Doctor Finds Mental Dangers To Abortion

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this doesn't surprise me at all. Here's my theory as to why:

A person's conscience knows abortion is wrong. Self-deception being what it is, people will try to suppress this truth in order to live with what they've done. (People want to think they're good.) I would imagine a lot of mental energy is exerted by the subconscious in order to deceive oneself and avoid guilt.

Something is going to break. That will come out as mental problems.

That doesn't mean that all mental problems are due to suppressing guilt, but I would assume it is a larger factor than we imagine.

I would like the good doctor to study abortionists as well.

Comments:
No doubt, that's got to be a bad feeling. I wouldn't do it. I feel bad enough when I have to kill lab mice.

Of course the hardest job would be a police officer or soldier who has cause to kill a grown person.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?