Monday, September 05, 2005

 
Labor Day Musings

Comments:
Well said....the media has really made politics repulsive. 24 hour news isn't all bad, but i think there have been more minuses than pluses. I recently read a great book and it stated that when Lincoln ran for President it was considered beneath the office to campaign for themselves. Although he did anyway. My wish for politicians is for them to sop being afraid to cross party lines when they feel the otherside may be right.

As for Labor Day it's nice, but there's always a sense of melancholy to it regardless of what you do. Just like I feel that is there is some excitment to Memorial Day (although I feel that more people should remember what it's for before they start their barbecue or go to the mall). I've always been a big fan of the summer. I get tired of all seasons after a while but spring and summer I get tired of the least. There's something about remembering back to one's magical childhood summers of carefree long days. The Countrytime Lemonade commercials are good illustrating that. As for your memories, I certainly remember the days at Haddon Glen and wiffleball. (Hitting the ball into the "well" was a homerun). And of course your backyard ballpark. And don't forget our Summer of '84 Olympics at Haddon Glen....

Chris
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?