Tuesday, April 19, 2005

 
School Budgeting Part 2

Ok, knowing there was a school budget election today, I decided to go on all pertinent Haddon Heights websites and try to find out where/when to go vote. Nothing. I was on for about 5-10 minutes and all I found was a mention (not big) that elections are today.

I called up town hall and got the pertinent information.

After thinking it over, I have an answer to the question "how should they notify you?"

Newspapers are fine. Website work too. Mailing a notice 2-3 weeks in advance to all registered voters/households of the election with instruction of where to go/what's being voted on I think would be the appropriate and best way to do it. They do this for all other major elections. I think they should do this for school budget votes, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm in late for work. So I may not vote today (and who even knows how late voting is). Let me get back to work.

Comments:
I like your idea re: a sample ballot, even if "people" aren't being voted on but rather bond issues or referendums. It could be like what they do at election time when they provide additional information in a brochure.

And if it makes you feel better, my parents voted "no" on the bond.

-Jess
 
As I mentioned in my comments, I would have voted yes. It makes sense. Most of the unnecessary costs come from the state. They can a) enact reforms to keep health care in check b) stop passing unfunded regulations which burden the local schools.
 
I noticed the 3 people running for the board were unopposed. You should think about running next time, seriously...Chri J.
 
If I'm notified. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?