Saturday, April 16, 2005

 
McCain Upsetting Conservatives Over Judges
"Look, we won't always be in the majority," Mr. McCain told MSNBC's "Hardball" host Chris Matthews Thursday night. "I say to my conservative friends, someday there will be a liberal Democrat president and a liberal Democrat Congress. Why? Because history shows it goes back and forth. I don't know if it's a hundred years from now, but it will happen. And do we want a bunch of liberal judges approved by the Senate of the United States with 51 votes if the Democrats are in the majority?"

Actually, if they had 51 votes I wouldn't want judges to be fillerbustered. I would want them to be voted down because they lack the ability to understand the Constitution. But if they got passed, I wouldn't worry. You understand what kind of judges you are going to get when you elect the President.

Personally, I wouldn't want ideology considered at all. If the person is decent and the President nominated the person, I would vote to approve.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?