Wednesday, March 23, 2005

 
Barry Bonds Continues to Amaze

With his complete audacity. From his interview with the press yesterday:
"I'm tired of my kids crying. You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did," Bonds told reporters Tuesday, shortly after returning to training camp. "You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person."

Umm...yeah.

Maybe your kids are crying because they found out that daddy had a woman on the side and he may go to jail for tax evasion and trafficing steroids.

It's the media's fault. Darn them!

Comments:
Growing up, my Dad impressed upon me that you should never root for an athlete to be hurt. Never hope that an opponent would be knocked out of competition because of an injury. Always applaud a hurt player, urging him or her back quickly.
Until now, I have abided by that dictum.
I hope Barry Bonds never steps foot on a field again.
Yesterday he announced he may be out for the season. I hope it's longer.
Everything bad in sports coalesces in Bonds. He is nasty. He is unappreciative. He is a hot dog, a preener who cares only for himself and none at all for his team.
He is a choke artist, failing in every meaningful series (except one).
He is a liar.
He is a cheater.
Mr. Flaxseed Oil should be indicted for perjury. His "records" should be stricken. And he should be held out to America's youth as an example of who not to be.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?