Monday, August 16, 2004

 
Why Racial Profiling Can't Be Entirely Successful

Someone once asked me if I support racial profiling. I do to some extent. But before you start getting all weird, let me make something clear. Racial profiling, to me, means that you take a closer look at certain groups based on common sense. You look for the Italian mafia among Italians, for example. Does this mean you violate the rights of all those you look at? No.

But many, due to abuses African-Americans have suffered by police, equate racial profiling with violating rights.

That's another discussion we can have at a later time.

But what I'd really like to say here is that we can't totally racial profile, even in the good, common sense. Why? Muslims aren't a race.

We do need to put a red flag for anyoen who has done serious time in prison. Prisons are a hot bed for radical Islam.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?