Thursday, August 26, 2004

 
Incessant Whining and Campaign Finance Reform

In April, Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic Party, accused George Bush of being AWOL from National Guard duty. Kerry said those were important questions. MoveOn.org and co. run with the accusations to this day, despite clearly refuting evidence.

But what is good for the goose is definitely not good for the gander.

Despite comparing Bush to Hitler and having United States senators slanderously saying things about Bush and the Iraq war, they now want Bush to shut down a small group of veterans, many decorated, who have a relatively small amount of money. Chutzpah is the only word I can really think of.

Now, the dangers of campaign finance reform are becoming apparent. Kerry can't confront his accusers without breaking these stupid laws, which more people are recognizing as unconstitutional.

I'm trying to understand why they were enacted. I don't think politicians think they are overthrowing the Constitution.

I think politicians hate attack ads. Can't stand them. The fact that they may come from private citizens instead of their opponent is even worse. They can't just say "my opponent is behind this." Although Kerry is doing that. And he is making himself look like a cry-baby. "Waaah. Bush, can you make them stop attacking me?" Doesn't make him look Presidential, which is fine by me.

I wish Bush would back free speech rights, but that is another gripe.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?