Wednesday, July 28, 2004

 
Rethinking Michael Moore

I used to think Michael Moore was a liar. My thinking was may he and his lies rot in hell.

I now hereby publicly repent of that. Why? Not only should I pray for mercy for one such as Moore instead of wishing him ill, I really believe this man to be serious, and I have extreme pity on him. I saw him interviewed on Bill O'Reilly, and my general impression is that he believes the stuff coming out of his mouth. And that is sad.

Michael Moore states that Bush lied about WMDs. O'Reilly mentioned that the CIA, MI6, and Putin all agreed that Saddam had WMDs before the war. Not to mention Kerry, Clinton and numerous Democrats.

Here is the distinction, which should be but isn't easy for people to understand. If you say something you know to be false. That is a lie. If you use truths or half-truths to knowingly leave a false view, that is a lie.

So did Clinton, Blair, Putin, Kerry, and Bush lie? No.

It may still turn out to be WMD's in Iraq. (kind of like the uranium story discredited by Wilson turns out to be credited) But for purposes of this argument, I will concede the point.

The overall point: there is no convincing the Bush-haters with facts.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?