Tuesday, June 01, 2004

 
Superman's Low Point

Wife fell asleep. I use the opportunity to pop in my Superman DVD. I fall asleep. In pre-school they must have shown us this movie literally every other day. At least that's what my memory tells me. I must have watched this movie more than any other movie and that's just counting up to my fifth year of life. So what do I wake up to? The scene with Lois Lane and Superman flying around and we can hear Ms. Lane's thoughts. "Can you read my thoughts?" This scene is a dark blemish on probably the best comic book film ever made.

Comments:
You mean you think it's better than Batman and Robin? Sometimes I worry about you, Geoff.

-Hwang
 
Batman & Robin has to be the absolutely worst comic book film. I sincerely hope you are kidding. I actually rank that among the worst films of all time.
 
Superman I has so many classic lines.

"They say confession is good for the soul. I'd listen to this man."
"That is a BAAAAD out-fit!"

And how about when the girl comes in and tells her mom Superman rescued her cat from a tree, and the mom smacks her? CLASSIC.

-Jess
 
All classic. Esp. the "bad outfit! woo!" line. But the flying with Lois Lane scene is just bad. Lex Luthor was very good but maybe a tad too comical. I love the movie dearly.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?