Saturday, June 26, 2004

 
Presbterians and the Jewish People

Pretty soon the next PC(USA) generally assembly will vote on whether we should "study the relationship of Christians and Jews." Let's be honest. It's a vote on whether or not the gospel should go to the Jewish people. A vote for this overture is a vote to repudiate the gospel. A vote against this is a vote to stand up for the faith of our fathers, esp. our Jewish fathers.

Two things:

It is an absolute shame that Avodat Yisrael is associated with orthodoxy given Andrew Sparks repeated comments in the press and to me otherwise. Andrew, if you are reading this, you and I both know what you said. Your soteriology (beliefs about salvation) weren't faithful to the gospel or Scripture. I'm not sure if you believe that "secret believer" nonsense some of your friends in the UMJC are pushing. But stop it. Repent. Preach a clear gospel. Call unbelieving Jews and Gentiles to repentance. Make an accounting for your record in public as well. Place an advertisement in the Philadelphia Inquirer saying "yes I will call unbelieving Jews to repentance." That should rectify your quotes to the contrary in that paper. Notify your presbytery that you will be doing evangelism of Jewish unbelievers. Your executive presbyter told me that you told them you wouldn't be doing evangelism and you were approved under those pretenses. If you repent and change your ways and perform evangelism, you need to do the honest thing and contact those in authority over you.

God in his providence has used an unorthodox Messianic congregation to allow people to fight for orthodoxy. I praise Him for that. I also appreciate His sense of irony, which brings greater glory to His Name.

I talked to Cynthia Jarvis. She thinks Andrew Sparks is lying when he said he wouldn't evangelize. I don't care if he is lying. All I know and all I have to go by is his repudiation the gospel to me verbally. And his lack of commitment to evangelism is telling.

Second thing. Presbyterians Concerned About Jewish Christian Relations (PCJCR). I hereby publicly challenge someone from your organization to a formal debate. It can be live and public or through the Internet (maybe online writings which go back and forth). I will do whatever you want. I personally would like to debate William Harter or Cynthia Jarvis. I've emailed the PCJCR and have gotten no response yet. I just called Cynthia Jarvis. I'm about to call William Harter.

If your position is well-reasoned and grounded in truth, you have nothing to fear. You owe it to the Presbyterian world at large to do a debate. If you are going to advocate a novel doctrine (historically speaking saying Jews don't need Jesus is pretty novel), you need to do this. At the very least, interact with my Presbyterian Outlook article on either presbyweb or Presbyterian Outlook. Let's have a back and forth. Are you just going to simply ignore your opponents (like me)?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?