Friday, June 25, 2004

 
Building the Perfect City

Taking a break from work right now. I'm thinking about what the perfect city would be like.

It would have the weather and vistas of San Francisco. It would have the cultural institutions of New York. The immigrants of New York. The pubs of London. The local eating establishments of Philly (the local places you get cheesesteaks and other unique, local, cheap food). The restaraunts of San Fran., New York, and Philly. The public transportation system of San Fran. A beautiful "old city" like Munich with castles and stuff.

Anyone else have any ideas? Obviously, I like elements of San Francisco and New York a lot. Who has the best roads? Public parks? Police? Etc.?

Comments:
Unibroue in Quebec makes very good Belgian-style beers. But I haven't tried many Canadian beers. Beyond Unibroue and another small brewery which was bought out recently, I haven't heard any buzz around Canadian beers.

I'm sure those places are nice, but I haven't been. In my mind's eye, I can't imagine them beating NYC in terms of diversity then. Remember not being the best, doesn't mean you are bad. You should know that. You're from Candada. :)
 
How about the weather of, say, San Diego as opposed to San Fran?

Or the well thought out street designs of Boston? :)

Jess
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?