Monday, May 17, 2004

 
Goodbye to Yuengling

I love Yuengling Traditional Lager in an emotional way. It introduced me to good beer and taught me that I can like beer. If left to Bud, I would rather just skip having a beer. When I had my first Yuengling, I liked it immediately.

Since moving on to craft beers, my pallate has adjusted. And when I taste Yuengling now, all I can taste all that corn they put in as an adjunct.

Now don't get me wrong. For a macrobrew, Yuengling is still really good and reasonably priced. But I just can't drink it any more. I want to like it, but I can't get past the corn.

I wish them luck and success. May they spread better beer to the masses. May others like me find better beer through them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?