Sunday, April 11, 2004

 
Kudos to the Phillies! The Phillies, in their new ballpark, have a bunch of local eating establishments...and a lot of local breweries are represented as well. Flying Fish, Victory, Yards, Manayunk, even Dock Street. Support your local breweries, that I can get behind. Granted, you will pay major league prices. Somewhere between $5.50 and $6.00 probably. Relative to quality at a major league park, that is still really good. The local breweries aren't going to make a ton of money, but it will be incredible advertising for them. I can only hope that people who drink the normal macrobeer will try some of good local beers.

I wonder how many other ballparks are supporting local establishments as much as the Phillies. I doubt it. The Eagles sure don't.

I'm not sure why the Phillies have decided to do this. But it will engender goodwill among local beer lovers. More power to them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?